- Responsible for vendor selection, qualification and development (including closure of purchasing agreement leading to the successful setting up of vendor code for new suppliers)
- Quote and procure components for assigned projects and programs.
- Develop strong relationships with vendors to ensure quality and delivery at best in class costs.
- Establish and improve purchasing and planning parameters (lead times, MOQ's, tiers and pricing).
- Ensure vendor performance supports design requirements leading to MP
- Review development schedule to verify accurate demands and to place orders for inventory components on a timely basis.
- Transition production ready vendors, supplies, and services to purchasing team.
- Support project and program teams as key sourcing and supply chain resource.
- Execute other duties as assigned.